A defect was introduced in a recent release of D365 Customer Service which impacts new and some upgraded Omni Channel installs.
This defect prevents the presence icon from appearing in the top right hand corner. In the most recent release the team have created a loader page which gives an indication of the progress of the page load and details what is happening. This is great! However, in the omnichannel channel integration record, the url setting does not point to this new loader page. This is not so great.
In order to resolve the issue:
- Browse to the new App Profile Manager – which is only available in the new maker experience
- Go to the Omni Channel Upgraded OOB default App Profile
- Browse to Channel Provider Customer Service Workspace and select omni channel
- Change the url in the channel url field to the url below:
- When the URL is updated, save the record.
- Refresh the agent screen. You’ll see not only the new loader experience BUT the presence as well.
Hope this helps!